This Week In Sports
- In the NBA Draft, Anthony Davis was selected first overall by the New Orleans Hornets. In an effort to welcome Davis to New Orleans, fans of the Hornets put Nelly Band-Aid’s over their faux-Drew Brees Scar and drew a uni-brow using their sharpies.
- Spain advanced to the finals of the Euro Cup after winning in penalty kicks versus Portugal. Going against their usual tradition, the country of Spain celebrated by partying all night.
- Facing Spain in the European Cup Championships will be Italy after defeating Germany 2-1 in the semifinal. Mario Balotelli scored both goals for Italy, asked how he got so open Balotelli said, “People told me I look like a dinosaur, so I started running around making Velociraptor noises and they kinda just left me alone”.
- The San Francisco Giants completed a three-game sweep of the Dodgers without allowing a single run to take a one game lead in the NL West. The Dodgers were in an unusually chipper mood after the sweep. When the Dodgers were told that not scoring runs was a bad thing, they were shocked that they weren’t playing golf.
- At Wimbledon, Rafael Nadal was upset by the 100th ranked player in the world, Lukas Rosol. Asked what went wrong Nadal replied, “The airline lost my suitcase full of Capri pants and it just threw off my whole game, I can’t wear the same Capri pants two matches in a row, who do you think I am, Roger Federer? Zing”.
- Cornerback Aaron Berry became the fourth Detroit Lion to be arrested this off-season after being arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson were seen noticeably intoxicated in a huddle at a bar planning their own arrests. Before hopping into separate cars they shouted “We want another touchdown! We’re going for six!” [arrests]
Posted on June 29, 2012, in Anthony Davis, Balotelli, Baseball, Basketball, Detroit Lions, Dodgers, Drew Brees, Euro Cup, Football, Germany, Giants, Hornets, Italy, Nelly, Portugal, Soccer, Spain, Sports, Tennis, Wimbledon. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.